– The purpose of holding an IHCUS National Specialty is to create camaraderie for the breed, to further the advancement of and interest in the breed through competition, education and club activities and encourage Ibizan fanciers to support the breed in a positive manner.
Date and Time of Year:
– The preferred time of year for the National Specialty is late spring through early fall.
– The location of the National Specialty will be determined by a vote of the members based on applications from IHCUS member clubs and members.
– Should no application for a specific year be submitted location will default to Purina Farms, Gray Summit, MO. (IHCUS will solicit volunteers from the membership to chair it)
Who May Apply
– IHCUS Member Clubs or an IHCUS Member, in good standing, may apply for hosting the National Specialty.
– The application must be received by the Secretary at least 12 months prior to the Closing Date of the Show or by the IHCUS bid solicitation deadline.
Or – During the Board’s solicitation of applications for potential hosts to submit proposals. This shall occur a minimum of two years before the specialty years in question.
– The Board may issue invitations for a maximum of two specialty years at once. (For example: applications for 2015 and 2016 in one application cycle.)